Having trial fitted the Rota Grid Drift wheels I was happy I wanted to fit them properly. The first thing to do was to fit some longer studs on the front due to needing 5mm spacers for the wheels to clear the Brembo calipers.
I boought a set of these Hardrace studs.
Time to get this in the garage and up on the lift then.
Brake caliper and disc off next.
The lower damper strut bolt has to be removed for access to the upper brake caliper bolt with a socket.
Now the studs can be romoved. This is easy enough to do. I used an old wheel nut screwed onto the stud then hammered the stud out. If you just hammer onto the end of the stud then you’ll damage the thread and potentially, if the stud is hard to remove, spread the end of the stud out making it too large to pull out of the hole in the hub.
Cleaning out the splines in the holes in the hub.
New extra long studs and some copper grease to apply to the splines.
A bit of pipe I cut down to use as a fitting tool…
Plenty of stud length there!
Brakes back on.
With a quick check back on a previous post here for the correct torque settings for the bolts.
Same again the other side.
Wheels back on and nuts torqued up. Going to need some longer wheel nuts I think.
All done. Next thing is to sort out the ride height. Can’t have it looking like a roller boot with the Grids Drifts on!