When my nephew visited a few weeks back I showed him the garage and explained it still needed a roof. He immediately walked off and returned with the roof off his Duplo garage we’d just built, telling me I could use it. I guess it might work???
Anyhow, with some steels the right size now, the proper roof could get underway.
The trusses went up really quickly
This was one of the best days as suddenly my drawing, that I’d been looking at for 2 years, had sprung up into reality.
Extra ceiling height…..
Membrane and baton on.
Fiberglass flat roof section done.
Triple checking our tile quantities. We did not wan’t to be responsible for any errors!
The day before tiling started I sorted through hundreds of tiles to rescue as many of the old Swallow tiles, that came off the original roof, as I could. Unfortunately this was a wet, windy, cold Sunday morning. 🙁
Most of the tiling done, leaving us the weekend to get some other jobs underway.
Jem got on the end of a paintbrush…..
…..while I looked at refitting the original frame and doors in one half of the new opening.
With the help of a few power tools and occasionally my glamorous assistant.
Old frame cut down and drilled ready to drill for the fixings into the wall.
Yes, I have stupid hair.
I came up with a way of attaching the old frame that would also allow me to easily remove/refit it if I ever needed to or if we ever change the door arrangement.
I also didn’t want the brackets to be visible from the outside at all so sunk them into the frame.
Ready to weld
Bottom in place, ready to drill for fixings into the floor
Tapping a thread into the steel for the top. This took ages!
Bottom cut off the first door
Soon it’ll be watertight so I can get on with all the jobs inside and we’d better check Jem’s Mini actually fits in it’s purpose built space!!!…..