We used to have a large log store hidden on the right side of the garage but that is now where a Mini lives. We still need to store logs and whatever we built would now be on view so we wanted it to look decent and in keeping with the rest of the house and garage.
Fortunately there were just enough tiles and timber left from the garage extension to have a go at building some nice log stores.
We started with a couple of the pallets the bricks were delivered on. These would provide a base to keep the logs off the ground and something to work the rest of the structure around.
We broke down an old fence panel
and sorted through the old roof timbers, pulling out any nails.
We ended up with a good pile of usable timber.
Following some discussions between myself and my ‘design consultant’ we came up with some dimensions and got started.
My design consultant fulfilling her other role as glamorous assistant. 🙂
One end done
Some more cutting and screwing
We had some plastic sheet, that was used under the new floor, left over. Perfect as a waterproof layer.
Some strengthening in the corners to stop them toppling over with the weight of the tiles.
So far so good…
Cutting the fence panels down to clad the sides.
On to some tiling. Never done this before but it can’t be that hard.
Jem sorting out the tiles we had left to make sure we got a nice mix of the best looking tiles.
Quick check to see how many we’d need.
Bottom cut tiles on
Most of the tiles on and the sides clad.
Had to stop as it was getting late but they’re almost done. Time for some dinner. We have to sort out a proper bbq soon!
The next day started with a quick run to the tip and a delivery of logs.
Then I did the last bit of tiling and finishing touches.
Tile cutting turned me orange.